Are you looking for a perfect veggie recipe for your lunch or dinner? If you’re a vegan, you must try Gobi Masala recipe at home. This restaurant-style Gobi masala recipe offers great zeal of taste for Gobi lovers!!!
When I tried it at my home and served on my table, everyone appreciated, and the dish was empty in a few minutes. WOW!!! My expressions were to be like that 😉 I am pretty much confident that you are going to try it out again and again. Let’s prepare this mouthwatering and delicious meal easily by following our step by step recipe.
Delicious Gobi Masala for Veggie Lovers
Do you know many veggie lovers don’t prefer to cook the Gobi because of insects and worms? Here is a great tip for those who do love the Gobi but avoid it due to reason as mentioned earlier. It’s a smart approach to blanch (steam for a couple of minutes or scalding in hot water) cauliflower flowers for a few moments and get the real taste without losing nutrition values.
You might be wondering how much time it would take to prepare this dish. No one wants to spend time in the kitchen, especially in summers.
Gobi Masala Recipe
The best part of Gobi Masala is that you can make this delightful and tasty meal in less than thirty minutes. Let’s have a look into ingredients and quick and easy recipe of delicious Gobi Masala.
Servings (4 persons)
- 2 cauliflower (medium)
- ¼ tsp Salt for taste
- ⅙ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- Three onion (medium)
- 2 tsp crushed ginger
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- ⅙ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ – 1 tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 large tomatoes
- salt to taste
- Three coriander leaves
- Three Curry leaves
- Cut the cauliflower into medium size florets. And soak them for a 12min in saltwater. It will kill the worms inside the cauliflower. Then clean it thoroughly and drain the florets.
- Marinate it with chilli powder turmeric powder and salt (listed under marination). Heat the oil in cooking pan with medium flame and shallow fry the cauliflower florets.
- Heat oil in a pan. And add onions, curry leaves, and some salt to taste. Salt is absorbed by moisture from onion and helps the onion to get cooked well. Fry it well until onions turn light brown. Then Crush the ginger and garlic well. Add them and fry it well for 4 minutes.
- Now add all spices turmeric powder, garam masala, coriander powder, and chilli powder. Add oil and saute it well. Then add chopped tomatoes and fry it well. It is essential to roast the spices till the raw smell goes.
- When the tomatoes are cooked well, add 3 tbsp of water to the gravy. And Mix it. Then, add the fried cauliflower florets and chopped coriander leaves and mix it.
- Adjust salt as required for the taste in gravy. Cover the lid and cook for around 13 minutes in low flame. Cauliflower gets coated with masala well.
- If you like to have dry, you can saute it for another 5 min in medium flame. Serve it hot with Roti, parotta, chapati, or any other Indian bread or Pulao.