Gobi Manchurian recipe makes the crispy and tasty restaurant style recipe with cauliflower and spicy sauces. It is a delicious snack from India, Northeast China and it is a simple homemade recipe.
Gobi Manchurian is a very famous recipe among Indians. This is mostly used as a starter. This can also serve as the main course. This homemade recipe use cauliflower with deep-fried and frittered with the vegetables and then stirred with the sauces. The spicy sauces give additional flavor and taste.
What is Gobi Manchurian?
Gobi Manchurians is a famous India, Northeast China. Made with cauliflower, cornflour, soya sauce, ginger, and garlic, vinegar, chilly sauce.
What to serve with Gobi Manchurian?
Gobi Manchurian served as a starter or snacks also with noodles or fried rice.
Preparation of Gobi Manchurian
- Clean 300 grams of gobi and cut the florets to medium size.
- Add them to 4 cups of hot water and rests for 6minutes
- Next, drain the gobi completely to a colander or spread on clean cloth till no Moisture remains on the gobi
- You can do this and set aside, any moisture in the gobi will cook it too soft and not crispy
- Heat the oil for deep frying on medium flame
- Meanwhile prepare the batter by adding cornflour, all-purpose flour, black pepper, chili powder and salt to mixing bowl
- Next, mix and add the water, little by little as needed, and make a free-flowing Lump batter. Consistency has to be medium and not much thick or very Smooth. adjust salt as required by tasting the batter
- Then add all the gobi florets to the mixture in batches and coat them well
- When the oil is hot as required, check by dropping a small batter to the hot oil. The recipe has to rise without browning. It is the correct temperature.
- Next, Pick up each cauliflower floret with a spoon or fingers by and drop them one by one to the hot oil. The heat has to be in medium flame, and it should increase slightly when the more gobi added. Keep the fire to medium and fry until the florets turn into golden and crisp. Keep stirring in between for even frying.
- Drain it by tissue or steel colander. And Repeat the same steps of adding the rest of the cauliflower florets to the batter, coating them well, and then frying them in hot oil until crisp.
- For extra crisp gobi Manchurian, you can also refry the once gobi again in oil. I usually do not do it as frying them once is good enough to get a perfect crisp Manchurian with this recipe.
How to Make Gobi Manchurian
- Add red chili powder and little water to get a paste and place aside. This step is just optional, and it is used mainly for the red color.
- Heat 1% tablespoons oil in a full pan.
- When the oil turns hot, add ginger, garlic and green chilies. Saute for one or two minutes.
- Next, add spring onions and capsicum. Saute them in a high flame for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add, red chili sauce, soya sauce, tomato ketchup, red chili paste, vinegar, and sugar.
- Mix and add water. Mix and cook stirring and add pepper.
- Cook on medium flame until the sauce thickens.
- Off the stove, and check the taste.
- Then sauce has to be slightly sour, sweet, and hot. If it is needed, you can adjust the salt and add some more seasonings as well.
- Allow the sauce to cool for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add fried cauliflower and stir to coat the gobi thoroughly with the Manchurian sauce.
- Garnish Gobi Manchurian with spring onion greens.
- Serve as a side dish or as a main with noodles or fried rice.
Don’t forget to provide feedback after preparing this Indo-Chinese cuisine because your valuable suggestions are worth more!!! Also, try our Gobi Masala Recipe, trust me after trying this recipe, you’re going to prepare it repeatedly over the weekends. Happy Healthy Eating to my Desi friends!!!