Looking for a tantalizing and healthy Indian cottage cheese curry? Your search ends here. Do you know which green vegetable best compliment paneer? Yes, it’s spinach. Do you want to prepare a delicious curry by combining these two ingredients? Yes, I am talking about Punjabi Palak Paneer recipe.
Cracking mix, isn’t it? I just love green vegetables and cheese is one of my weaknesses. This Indian Palak Paneer recipe is also irresistibly flavorsome. A perfect lunch meal. I enjoyed knocking it up!
How to Prepare Restaurant-Style Palak Paneer
Follow the step by step suggestions to cook tantalizing restaurant-style Palak Paneer at home. My hubby’s all-time favorite! Though people of all age groups love to eat veggie dishes. Let’s Prepare Palak Paneer at home.
Let’s Cook Delicious Gravy with Spinach with Indian Cottage Cheese
The best part about Palak Paneer recipe is that you don’t have to rush to the grocery store to buy a large number of ingredients, because this recipe can be easily prepared by using simple ingredients from your pantry. Worth the time and fun to make! So easy to prepare and so tasty!
Let’s have a look into ingredients and cooking method.
- Spinach 1 LBS (450 Grams)
- 1-2 Red Tomatoes
- 1 large onion Chopped
- Five large garlic cloves, divided, three whole and two finely chopped
- 2-inch ginger
- One green chili, or more to taste
- One tablespoon oil, 15 ml, I used avocado oil
- One large onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup water, or as needed
- 3/8-1 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1/6 teaspoon organic turmeric powder
- 1/6 teaspoon red chili powder, or to taste
- salt, to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream or adjust to taste
- 230 grams paneer, cut into cubes
- 1/4 tablespoon Kasuri Methi, crushed, dried Fenugreek leaves
- lemon juice, to taste
- To a pot of boiling water, add required salt, and then spinach leaves to it. Blanch the spinach leaves for 3 to 4 minutes until wilted.
- Take them out and put them in ice-cold water. It helps the leaves in retaining their green color.
- To a blender, add the simmered spinach along with tomato. Also add three cloves of garlic, ginger and green chili. Puree to a smooth paste and set for a While
- Heat a pan on low flame. Once the pan is heated, add the oil and then add a remaining two cloves of chopped garlic. And Saute for a few minutes until it starts changing color.
- Then add the chopped onions. Fry the onion for 3 to 4 minutes until it gets brown color and translucent.
- Add the prepared spinach puree and mix. Also, add around 1/4 cup water at the point.
- Close the pan and let it cook for 7-10 minutes on low flame. The spinach will bubble a lot. Blend at regular intervals to get avoid of sticking at the bottom.
- Once the spinach cooked, add the red chili, turmeric powder, powder and required salt. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- You may also add ½ teaspoon of sugar at this point if you like.
- Now add the heavy cream and combine well. Add the paneer and mix well. Let the curry cook for about 4 to 5 minutes. Off the flame, add lemon juice and Kasuri Methi and mix.
- Serve Palak Paneer hot with naan or Roti and Zeera rice.
Have you tried this recipe before? What’s your favorite cottage cheese recipe? If you love this recipe, do mention your feedback in the comments section below. Also try our scrumptious Paneer Tikka Masala Recipe.
Also, don’t forget to rate the recipe! You can also follow Kitchen Desi on Facebook and Instagram for more delicious and tasty meals from our kitchen!