Do you know which is the friendliest vegetable in the market? Yes…! A Potato. How Potato? Well, it has countless combinations, you can add it in every single meal you’re cooking at home, like chocolate fits in every dessert. Today, I am going to pair up this vegetable with cauliflower to prepare one of my favorite dish, Instant Pot Aloo Gobi.
It tastes way yummier than it sounds, the colorful addition of spices and the texture and taste of boiled potatoes when mixes with freshly cooked Cauliflower in a pot makes everyone’s mouth water.
What gives a bright yellow color to this tantalizing meal is the added turmeric and mashed potatoes that make it eye-catching. In addition to that, beautiful garnishing on top using parsley and coriander leaves completes its beautiful and tempting look.
How To Prepare Yummilicious Instant Pot Aloo Gobi
The way both Cauliflower and potato are mashed changes its consistency in the form of gravy, which is finger-licking. Indian spices especially curry leaves, make it much tastier that even meat lovers can’t resist this meal. So, don’t just crave for it get your kitchen tools ready.
Let’s have a look into ingredients and quick and easy recipe of delicious Aloo Gobi.
Serving (4 Persons)
- Two medium chopped, sliced onion
- Three plum tomatoes diced
- 5 cups of cauliflower florets cut into big 3-inch pieces
- Two medium potatoes peeled and cut into thin wedges
- Two tablespoons of cooking oil ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ⅙ teaspoon turmeric
- Two tablespoons mild Kashmiri red chili powder Less if using a spicier chili powder
- 3 teaspoons coriander powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2- ¼ teaspoon of garam masala Add 1/2 for a medium spicy curry
- kosher salt to taste
- Coriander for garnish
- Turn the Instant Pot to fry mode and heat the oil. Add some cumin seeds. And Sauté for 35 seconds.
- Add chopped onions and mix well. Cover the lid and Cook for 2 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes, close the lid and cook again for another minute.
- Now add turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala and salt for taste. Add peeled potatoes and cauliflower florets. Add two tablespoons of water. And Mix well.
- Put the Instant Pot lid on with the pressure valve to sealing. Select Pressure Cook / Manual high for 4 minutes.
- Turn of the Instant Pot flame. Quick Release and stir gently. Garnish cilantro. And Serve hot with paratha, chapati, dosa, or toasted pita bread.
So now you have this easy to cook and delicious recipe on hand. So, don’t just crave for yummy food due to lockdown. Make it yourself at home using this simple recipe.
Why Instant Pot Aloo Gobi
Instant Pot Aloo Gobi recipe works great for those who are away from home and are looking for a quick and easy food recipe. It is very healthy to eat and is perfect for every occasion, such as family get-together because it gives delicious taste in minimum preparation time.
Moreover, step by step method of cooking this Aloo Gobi makes it even more convenient to follow. So, what are you waiting for? Get on with making this yummy recipe and share it with others so everyone can taste it. Also try our Gobi Manchurian recipe, a delicious Manchurian for veggie food lovers.
Wrapping it up
What else could be better than preparing hygienic food at home? Yes, without any professional cooking course, you can learn how to cook easy and delicious meals at home. Come and visit our kitchen for Desi, traditional and Chinese Food.